Nominations NOW OPEN!!!
Fill out the nomination form below to be apart of the 2016 AVCA Phenom Program! #GetRanked
The AVCA Phenom College Preparatory Program is a weekend of events held in conjunction with the AVCA Annual Convention. Registration starting a $189 for the athlete. For 2016, the event will be held in Columbus, Ohio from December 14 – 18. Participating student-athletes and their parents will attend educational sessions, the Under Armour All-America High School Volleyball Match, NCAA volleyball matches, interact with AVCA Collegiate All-Americans, undergo Volleyball Performance Index (VPI) testing and Athlete Behavioral Profile (ABP), and participate in a Talent Showcase during which athletes demonstrate their skills in front of the 100+ college coaches in attendance.
The AVCA Phenom College Prep Program is an invitation-only event for uncommitted seniors on the Under Armour Watch List and underclassmen on the AVCA Phenom List.
Columbus, Ohio. Events will take place in the Columbus Convention Center.
Thursday, December 15
- NCAA women’s volleyball semi-final matches
Friday, December 16
- Check-in at AVCA registration to collect itinerary, tickets, and other materials.
- Phenom Program Orientation
- Under Armour All-America High School Volleyball Match
Saturday, December 17
- NCAA women’s championship match
- Panel discussion with AVCA Collegiate All-Americans
- Volleyball Performance Index (VPI) metrics
- Athlete Behavioral Profile (ABP) Assessment
- Education session featuring college coaches of all divisions
- Educational sessions discussing recruiting regulations for the NCAA and NAIA
Sunday, December 18
- Talent Showcase
- Educational session for parents
“I loved the All-American Panel. It really helped me figure out what is important when looking for a college.” – Athlete
“My favorite part was the NCAA matches and the Under Armour match. Being around the high quality players was inspiring to want to be one of them.” – Athlete
“Participating in the showcase was awesome, seeing so many college coaches together was surreal. There were soo many. It was a really cool program that tested me, and my abilities.” – Athlete
“The Phenom Program definitely created exposure with college coaches. I am now corresponding with 3 DII schools and 5 NAIA schools that I had no previous contact with.” – Athlete
“Since attending this event, my daughter was immediately contacted by college coaches before we even got on a flight back home and has been receiving emails ever since. She now has more choices than ever.” – Parent